- UPLOAD MEDIA – Click Upload. When you see Add New Job, select or link to a media file with a maximum size of 500 MB. FAQ
- ADD TRANSCRIPT – If you have your transcript ready, select “Yes” and copy and paste it when prompted. Click “Attach” to attach your transcript. Note: If your transcript isn’t ready yet, or you don’t have a transcript and want to use the automatic speech recognition (ASR) transcript, select “No.” You will have another opportunity to upload your own transcript to replace the ASR text.
- SUBMIT JOB – Click Submit Job. Note: while files are uploading, do not leave the upload screen.
- CLICK filename from the Dashboard to open the Caption Editor.
- SET LINE LENGTH and MINIMUM DURATION
– Line length is the maximum number of characters per line of captioning. Tutorial
– Display time is the number of seconds the caption will remain on screen. Tutorial
CHECK SYNC throughout the file. Click on any timecode in the Start Time column to advance the media player to that timecode. Click play to check sync by watching the blue line advance as the media plays.
- EDIT CAPTION TEXT AS NEEDED
– Split/merge lines as needed
– Spot check media to correct transcription errors
– Check spots with long durations, parentheticals, music
- FIX SHORT LINES & FIX OVERLAPS (REQUIRED!)
- SAVE (wait to allow save to finish) & EXIT (Click to exit file.)
- DOWNLOAD CAPTION FILES from dashboard. Tutorial