- UPLOAD MEDIA – Click Upload and select or link to a media file with a maximum size of 500 MB. Tutorial
– Answer “No” to the transcript question and SUBMIT JOB.
- CLICK filename from the dashboard to open the ASR Editor.
- EDIT ASR TRANSCRIPTION – Play/pause media file (Ctrl J is the keystroke to pause and play media). The text may be edited using the following methods:
– Edit directly in the CaptionTools ASR Editor
– Select ASR transcript and Copy and Paste into a file to edit on your computer.
Note: The media file may be downloaded by clicking on the 3 dots on the right side of media player.
- SAVE WORK – if you edit inside the CaptionTools ASR Editor, be sure to click the green “Save” button on the left side of the screen. If you need to leave the file and come back later to finish editing the ASR, exit the file by clicking the green “Done Editing” button on the left side of the screen.
- FINALIZE TRANSCRIPT – If you edited the ASR transcript in CaptionTools ASR Editor, once you are finished, click the blue “Save & Approve ASR” button in the middle of the screen.
If you edited the ASR transcript outside of CaptionTools, (or if you have your own transcript that you prefer to use) click on the green “Replace with my Transcript” button the right side of the screen. Copy and paste your final transcript and click “Submit.”
- CLICK filename from the Dashboard to open the Caption Editor to complete your caption files.